- Lynette Cheah, Natalia Duque Ciceri, Elsa Olivetti, Seiko Matsumura, Dai Forterre, Richard Roth, Randolph Kirchain. Manufacturing-focused Emissions Reductions in Footwear Production. Journal of Cleaner Production. 2012.
- Alonso, Elisa, Theresa M. Lee, Catarina Bjelkengren, Richard Roth, and Randolph Kirchain. Evaluating the Potential for Secondary Mass Savings in Vehicle Lightweighting. Environmental Science & Technology. 2012
- Greene, S, Adames, A, Alonzo, A, Forterre, D. Business Decisions Around Carbon Offsets: Examining the Drivers of Value and Sources of Uncertainty. MIT Leaders in Environmental Assessment and Performance White Paper, October 2011.
- Blanco, E.E., “Stay Ahead of the GHG Curve,” Inside Supply Management, April 2011, 32-‐33. (pdf)
- Blanco, E.E. “Supply Chain Carbon Footprints Are Here To Stay,” Supply Chain Brain, January/February 2011.
- Blanco, E.E. and A.J. Craig, “The Banana Carbon Footprint Case Study,” MIT Center for Transportation & Logistics Research Paper, September 2009.
- Blanco, E.E. et. al., “Chiquita and MIT Center for Transportation & Logistics Aim High on Defining Carbon Footprint Measurement,” Distribution Business Management Journal, Volume 8, 80-‐81, 2009.
- G Gaustad, E Olivetti and R Kirchain. Improving Aluminum Recycling: A Survey of Sorting and Impurity Removal Technologies. Resources, Conservation & Recycling, Vol. 58 (2012), pp. 79-87.
- Velázquez-‐Martínez J.C., Fransoo J.C., Blanco E.E. and Mora-‐Vargas, J, “The Impact of Carbon Footprint Aggregation on Realizing Emission Targets”. Submitted September 2011.
- Córdova X., Ponce E., Blanco E.E. and Yang X., “Quantifying the Extended Environmental Impact of Economic Activities in the Galapagos Islands”. Submitted September 2011.
- T Montalbo, J Gregory and R Kirchain, “Life Cycle Assessment of Hand Drying Systems”, commissioned by Dyson, Inc. September 2011. (pdf)
- M-C Nadeau, A Kar, R Roth and R Kirchain. A Dynamic Process-Based Cost Modeling Approach to Understand Learning Effects in Manufacturing. International Journal of Production Economics, web publication date August 3, 2011. (pdf)
- G Gaustad, E Olivetti and R Kirchain, “Toward Sustainable Material Usage: Evaluating the Importance of Market Motivated Agency in Modeling Material Flows”. Environmental Science & Technology, Articles ASAP (As Soon As Publishable), web publication date March 25, 2011. Vol. 45, No. 9 (May 2011), pp. 4110-4117. (pdf)
- J. Gregory, P. Jeong, E. Olivetti, R. Kirchain, and E. Blanco, “Impact of Uncertainty in Activity Data and Emissions Factors on Firm Scope 3 Greenhouse Gas Emissions Estimates”, ISSST International Symposium on Sustainable Systems and Technology, Chicago, IL, May 16-18, 2011. (pdf)
- M.L. Zgola, E.A. Olivetti, C. Weber, S. Boyd, J. Mangold, R. Abedrabbo, E. Williams, J. Gregory, and R.E. Kirchain, “Environmental Assessment of IT Products Using a Triage Approach”, ISSST International Symposium on Sustainable Systems and Technology, Chicago, IL, May 16-18, 2011. (pdf)
- S. Patanavanich, E.A. Olivetti, J.R. Gregory, and R.E. Kirchain, “Exploring the Viability of Probabilistic Underspecification to Streamlined Life Cycle Assessment”, ISSST International Symposium on Sustainable Systems and Technology, Chicago, IL, May 16-18, 2011. (pdf)
- Blanco, E.E. and Zampieri, F.A., “Different Perspectives on Carbon Footprint Allocation of a Food Delivery Service,” MIT Center for Transportation & Logistics, December 2010.
- Blanco, E.E. and A.J. Craig, “The Value of Detailed Logistics Information in Carbon Footprints,” MIT Center for Transportation & Logistics Research Paper, October 2009. (pdf)
- L Cheah, J Heywood and R Kirchain. Aluminum Stock and Flows in the U.S. Light-Duty Vehicle Fleet and Implications on the Material Cycle Energy Use. Journal of Industrial Ecology, Vol. 13, Iss. 5, 2009. pp. 718-734. (pdf)
- Blanco, E.E., “Looking at Green in the Eye,” Global Logistics & Supply Chain Strategies, February 2009.
- Blanco, E.E., “Green Strategies in Supply Chains,” Revista Logistec No. 49, 4-‐6, 2008.
- J Gregory, E Alonso, D Cameron, S Connors, F Field and R Kirchain, “A Survey of Environmental and Social Pressures on Supply Chains and Responses”, whitepaper for the MIT SupplyChain 2020 consortium, June 2006.
- Velázquez-Martinez, Josué C., “Implementation of Carbon Footprint in the PIDRP Using a Multi-objective Optimization Approach,” expected June 2013. (Instituto Tecnológico de Monterrey, CEM)
- Craig, Anthony J., “A Decentralized Life Cycle Assessment Approach to Measuring Supply Chain Carbon Efficiency,” June 2012. (ESD, co-supervised with Prof. Yossi Sheffi)
- Keane, Emily and Mulvey, Erin, “Design of a Scalable Reusable Carton Packaging Program for Office Supplies at MIT,” June 2011.
- Agbonkhese, Sophie, “Achieving Economic Returns from an Environmental and Socially Sustainable Supply Chain,” June 2010.
- Chow,Kendall and Ng, Joshua, “Sustainable Packaging in Retail Delivery,” June 2010.
- Zampieri, Filippo, “The Impact of Third Party Logistics in Carbon Footprint Reduction Strategies,” December 2010. (IST, co-supervised with Prof. Ana Póvoa)
- Tan, Kwan Chong, “Stimulating Carbon Efficient Supply Chains: Carbon Labels and Voluntary Public Private Partnerships,” June 2009. (ESD Technology and Public Policy)
- Andrieu, Nellie & Weiss, Lee, “Transport Mode and Network Architecture: Carbon Footprint as a New Decision Metric,” June 2008.
- Bowman, Peyton, “Energy Efficient Logistic Parks,” Zaragoza Logistics Center, June 2008.
- Macan, Nicholas, “Carbon Reduction in Supply Chains: The Strategic Case,” June 2008.